Skip to main content
DaNece Day

DaNece Day’s Answers

1 total

  • Trying to get custody of my 12 yr old daughter in California. I'm in Wyoming. How do I find a lawyer who can help me.

    My daughter is very unhappy living with her mother. They move every couple of months and her mother refuses to give me a physical address . I haven't been able to see my daughter is 4 years. Do I need a lawyer who can practice in both states ?

    DaNece’s Answer

    The answer to that question depends on where the current custody order was entered. If the order is from California, you need a California attorney who is familiar with the local practices in the court where your action will be filed. If the order is from a Wyoming court, you need to contact a Wyoming attorney who may advise you the case will need to be moved to California. If the order is from another state, you should contact a California attorney.

    See question