James H. Chalat’s Answers

James H. Chalat

Denver Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 8
  1. Typographical error at a bilirubin laboratory result of my child that cause as panic, is there any case we could sue?

    Answered almost 4 years ago.

    1. James H. Chalat
    2. Andrew Daniel Myers
    3. Joseph Jonathan Brophy
    3 lawyer answers

    Unfortunately, your emotional distress damages are not actionable in Colorado. To recover for negligent infliction of emotional distress,Colorado law requires a showing that you were physically threatened or in a zone of danger, created by the negligence of the defendant. Your anger and frustration are understandable. But there is no recognized claim for damages.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. I just got into a car accident? I don't know what to do. Please help.

    Answered almost 4 years ago.

    1. Peter Robert Stone
    2. James H. Chalat
    3. Randy Grossman
    4. Benjamin Joseph Sansone
    5. Lars A. Lundeen
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    I agree with the other responses posted. Document the incident. Obtain full copies of your own auto insurance to examine it for MEDPAY and Under Insured/Uninsured coverages. Do not give a telephone statement to an insurance adjuster. Get competent medical assistance from a medical doctor. If you have a personal injury, you should at least consult with an experienced attorney.