David Andrew Harston’s Answers

David Andrew Harston

Denver Immigration Attorney.

Contributor Level 6
  1. Hi, I have an immigration question.

    Answered 10 months ago.

    1. Carl Michael Shusterman
    2. Daniel Nelson Deasy
    3. Stephen D. Berman
    4. David Andrew Harston
    4 lawyer answers

    You can call the Colorado Supreme Court Office of Attorney Regulation to file a complaint. Here is a link to their website:

  2. How long it takes to become citizen if u just received ur temporary green card through employment?

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. David Andrew Harston
    2. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally
    2 lawyer answers

    In general, individuals granted U.S. permanent residency are eligible to apply after five years of U.S. permanent residency assuming they meet certain residence, physical presence, and good moral character requirements. The law also allows individuals to apply up to 90 days in advance of their fifth-year anniversary. Like most aspects of U.S. immigration law, there are exceptions and certain restrictions, so be sure to consult with an immigration attorney prior to filing.

  3. Do I need an immigration lawyer, or can I do it myself? - H1B

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Stuart Jonas Reich
    2. David Andrew Harston
    2 lawyer answers

    I do not recommend that one file an H-1B petition without the assistance of competent immigration legal counsel. For one, the petition is employer-based, so it is the U.S. employer that must file the H-1B petition. While the employee is the beneficiary, the employee does not typically sign any of the paperwork. As in many types of U.S. immigraiton matters, the process is a literal legal minefield and the federal government routinely moves the mines. Moreover, the implications of a misstep...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  4. I was brouht to the u.s. when i was four the dauhter of illegal immigrants with no othr family, how and can i become a ctizen?

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally
    2. Scott D. Pollock
    3. David Andrew Harston
    3 lawyer answers

    In order to answer your question, I would need more information, but if you entered without authorization, your parents are unauthorized, and you have no other family (e.g. US citizen spouse) in the United States, your options may be very limited. However, immigration cases are very fact specific. A slight twist of the facts and your situation suddently becomes much different. For example, if you have a grandparent who was born in and lived in the United States, that might change things....