Back to Catherine’s Profile

Catherine Olson Brown’s Answers

Catherine has answered 10 questions

  • I got an annulment, do I need some sort of proof of that for my next marriage?

    Asked by a user in Estes Park, CO - almost 3 years ago.

    Yes you should and you should also disclose the fact that you were previously married on any relevant immigration forms.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  • How is the best way to get married with my girlfriend from Paraguay?

    Asked by a user in Estes Park, CO - almost 3 years ago.

    You can get married in either place - you do not need to do both. The question is if you do get married abroad - how long are you prepared to be apart. The process for permanent residence and...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  • Looking for affordable immigration attorney in South Denver

    Asked by a user in Centennial, CO - almost 3 years ago.

    I have my main office in north Denver but I offer clients an option to meet with me at a new branch office in northeast Denver near Aurora (in Stapleton). I charge $150 for a consultation and have...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  • Co-sponsors...

    Asked by a user in Denver, CO - about 5 years ago.

    If the petitoning sponsor (e.g., the USC spouse) does not make a sufficient income or doesn't have sufficient assets, then the problem can be resolved by having a co-sponsor or joint sponsor 'step in...

  • How do I find out how long my husband has to remain out of the country after being deported?

    Asked by a user in Aurora, CO - about 6 years ago.

    If your husband was deported, generally the rule is he cannot come back in for 5 years, counting from when he exited. There are exceptions such as if he was removed as an aggravated felon which would...

  • What happens to illegal immigrants who are also unaccompanied minors once they reach the Tacoma Deportation center?

    Asked by a user in Tacoma, WA - almost 6 years ago.

    While I am not familiar with the Tacoma Detention Center, detained and non-detained unaccompanied minors may be eligible to self-petition for permanent residence through the Special Immigrant...

  • Laws on changing your name when you become a US citizen?

    Asked by a user in Alabama - almost 6 years ago.

    In order to apply for citizenship with the correct name, the name you use must be your legal name, meaning you cannot just use a name you prefer or want to be called. If you are married, there is no...

  • To become US Citizen

    Asked by a user in Sharpsburg, GA - over 5 years ago.

    There are two issues - one is a requirement for citicenship called "continuous residence." If you have been outside of the US for more than 365 days, then your continuous residence is broken and you...

  • Family immigration

    Asked by a user in Brooklyn, NY - over 5 years ago.

    She may not need to refile for her children if she became a US citizen before they married - it is unclear which category she originally filed for her children if at all. Ideally you would want to...

  • Is it possible to file K3 visa outside of US?

    Asked by a user in Atlanta, GA - almost 6 years ago.

    There are two parts to the K-3 - the petition and the visa process. Once you are married to a US citizen and file an I-130 Petition, you can then file for the K-3 petition in the US. The K-3 petition...