Skip to main content
Leonard V. Schneider IV

Leonard Schneider’s Answers

4 total

  • I am trying to file a multi-million california false claim act against a company A, but it was acquired by a bigger company X.

    Does this mean that I could not file a false claim act against the company A? Or I still could except it will be against company X. Background: Company A made multi-million overbilling against a local municipality public entity.

    Leonard’s Answer

    I agree with Mr. Byrnes answer. A false claims act is complex. The first level of analysis is whether or not you have a false claims act and you need an attorney to assist you in that determination. The second level is to determine the type of acquisition by company X of company A and whether or not you sue X or A or both. Finally, you need to determine to whether to file in state court or federal court.

    This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney. You should consult an attorney at once. Visit our webpage and tell us what you think.

    See question 
  • Any recommendations for a good lawyer with specialty in physician contracts review and negotiation? I live in kansas. Thanks.

    Hospital wanting to recruit me- just don't know what kind of relationship we'll have- employed- which they want, independent contractor, or just private practice for me and renting office space in hospital. They already have a set up clinic with p...

    Leonard’s Answer

    It is always recommended that you have an attorney review any physician contracts with a hospital. There are many important considerations. Some of the terms of the contract that are important to review are: the length of the contract; what constitutes a breach of the contract by you and the hospital's remedies; what constitutes a breach of the contract by the hospital and your remedies against the hospital; any language regarding compensation, bonuses or liquidated damages; any language regarding confidentiality provisions and non-compete provisions; choice of law provision and choice of state for enforcement or legal action on the contract. A review by an attorney gives you knowledge and allows you to determine what provisions and terms you can negotiate and what rights you may be giving up. It is recommended that you use the internet to find lawyers that have healthcare experience.

    See question 
  • If have a felony on my record, can I get a business in State of AZ?

    My felony is about clean water act and I want to start consulting business about occupational safety in AZ.

    Leonard’s Answer

    In addition to the previous comments and answers I suggest contacting the Arizona Secretary of State and ask if they can answer the question for you or provide a link to the website to review any Q&A documents or any links to relevant Arizona law.

    To fully answer this question I recommend you consult with a licensed Arizona attorney.

    Please remember that my response is merely a general comment on the law related to your question, and NOT legal advice or opinion. Additionally, my response to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. Also I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you or render an opinion so you cannot rely on my response.

    IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: As required by U.S. Treasury Regulations governing tax practice, you are hereby advised that written advice contained herein (if any) was not written or intended to be used (and cannot be used) by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.

    See question 
  • Will the county settle or fight to the death?

    I hit a pot hole in a construction zone. Without getting to far into it I have documents, testimony, written statements to show negligence. I made a claim with the county and the GC and they both denied the claims. I made today claims with all the...

    Leonard’s Answer

    I practice in Texas as municipal law attorney. In Texas, cities, counties and the state are provided what is called governmental immunity, in other words in many cases you cannot impose liability on the county. It is probably the same in Arizona. Was it a county road being repaired, or was the road within a city limit? If the County, due to the low amount of your claim, you could write the County commissioner who is elected to represent the particular area where the pothole was located. You will have to show the County had knowledge of the pothole, it was dangerous, they failed to repair after notice, and there were insufficient warning signs during the repair. The same process if in the City and City was responsible party for the construction, write a council member. You will probably have better results with the General Contractor and Subs. I recommend contacting an attorney licensed in Arizona and try to obtain a free consultation to determine if you can file your claim in a justice of the peace court against the GC or Subs. And you have to weight the costs of pursuing this claim versus potential of recovery and potential to recover attorney fees if allowed by Arizona law.

    Leonard Schneider

    See question