Robert Jay Binstock’s Answers

Robert Jay Binstock

Houston Defective and Dangerous Products Attorney.

Contributor Level 5
  1. My attorney abandoned my personal injury case in the middle of negotiations.

    Answered 4 months ago.

    1. Jefferson C. Temple
    2. Richard S. Johnson
    3. Rodney K. Okano
    4. William Berry Palmer
    5. J. Scott Dilbeck
    6. ···
    18 lawyer answers

    You need to hire a new lawyer ASAP. Did your original lawyer give you an explanation? Make sure you get written verification that he is releasing the file and any interest he had in your case.

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Person runs red light totals my car and injuries exist

    Answered 12 days ago.

    1. Daragh John Carter
    2. Richard Kurt Arbuckle
    3. Robert Jay Binstock
    4. Daniel S. Jaffe
    5. Daryl L. Derryberry
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    Check Kelly's Blue Book on line to see the current value of your vehicle. Certain extras......leather interior, sun roof, etc. often increase the value. Unfortunately, a vehicle depreciates as soon as you drive it off the dealer's lot. You can settle your property damage claim without settling your claim for personal injuries. The value of your PI claim depends on how serious your injuries are.....broken bones vs. soft tissue injuries. Did you go to the ER immediately following the accident? Do...

    5 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Will my insurance cover a personal injury if I was talking on my phone?

    Answered about 2 months ago.

    1. Coby L. Wooten
    2. Richard Kurt Arbuckle
    3. Gregory S. Baumgartner
    4. Richard Todd Rosenstein
    5. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    6. ···
    11 lawyer answers

    If you were on the phone and this is documented in the police report, by any witnesses to the accident, or via a conversation you had with the driver of the other vehicle, your insurance carrier will likely want to settle the claim prior to litigation. I am assuming that a lawsuit has not been filed by the plaintiff at this juncture. If the claim can't be settled, your carrier should pick up the costs associated with your defense. Hope this proves helpful.

    5 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. How much is my daughter's pain and suffering worth? How does someone put a price on this?

    Answered 6 days ago.

    1. Robert Jay Binstock
    2. Daragh John Carter
    3. Richard Kurt Arbuckle
    4. Kenneth Parks Gober III
    5. Jason F. Abraham
    5 lawyer answers

    It's clear your daughter was traumatized by the collision. She needs to see a psychologist to document her anxiety and mental anguish.The amount of medical bills does not indicate that she suffered a major physical injury. You can expect a relatively small offer from the defendant's insurance carrier at this juncture. The choice is obviously yours. You can wait and see what the carrier is willing to offer. I suggest you talk to an attorney to help you maximize your daughter's recovery.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  5. When the guilty party in an auto accident refuses to make a statement to his insurance adjuster is my only recourse to sue him?

    Answered about 1 month ago.

    1. Robert Werner von Dohlen
    2. Robert Jay Binstock
    3. L. Maxwell Taylor
    4. Charles P. Ward
    4 lawyer answers

    You should hire an attorney. He may be able to send a letter to the other driver explaining that his failure to cooperate with his carrier will leave him with no coverage resulting in him being personally responsible. This guy needs to be pushed into doing the right thing!

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful


    Answered 7 days ago.

    1. Robert Jay Binstock
    2. Richard Kurt Arbuckle
    3. Jack Todd Ivey
    4. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    4 lawyer answers

    I assume you also reported these incidents directly to the daycare center. Was the same employee involved in both events? Does your son seem traumatized by these actions? If so, you may want to set up an appointment with a child psychologist to document this. Did the other incidents you have written down involve offensive touching or physical abuse? Have you pulled your kids out or are they still attending the same daycare facility? Any witnesses ? Do you know of other parents whose children...

    Selected as best answer

  7. Soft Tissue Injury- trying to settle with the insurance... I think they are low-balling me... how can I know?

    Answered 13 days ago.

    1. Robert Jay Binstock
    2. Talal B. Ghosheh
    3. Josh P Tolin
    4. Ryne Thomas Sandel
    5. Daragh John Carter
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    Here you go. See if you can get the medical bills reduced. Try for a 50% discount. Try to get a few thousand more from the insurance carrier. If you are successful, settle the case. If not hire a lawyer.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  8. Can I be let go from my job for not showing up to work when I followed protocal and got a substitute teacher to cover me.

    Answered 6 months ago.

    1. Richard Kurt Arbuckle
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. David Ian Schoen
    4. Robert Jay Binstock
    4 lawyer answers

    I assume you were provided with a handbook or written guidelines that deal with absences from work and how to file a grievance. Are you a member of a teacher's union? Check available resources and contact a lawyer in your area. Hope this helps.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  9. I was at a conference on sat .. I tripped on torn carpet

    Answered 3 months ago.

    1. Robert Jay Binstock
    2. David Herman Hirsch
    3. Zaheer A Shah
    4. David Ian Schoen
    4 lawyer answers

    Do you have the names of anyone who saw you fall? Need confirmation that the carpet was torn. Photos would be great if you have them. As previously indicated you will need to show prior notice of the problem. By the way you were treated by the hotel staff, I would recommend hiring an attorney.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  10. I was in a rear on may 2014 and my car total lost

    Answered about 2 months ago.

    1. Robert Werner von Dohlen
    2. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    3. Julia E. Simmons
    4. Robert Jay Binstock
    5. Richard Kurt Arbuckle
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    When an insurance company settles, they will want a full, final, and complete release of any and all claims, known and unknown, past and future. You need the help of an experienced lawyer.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

We're ready to help. Contact us today.