Jon P Thomas’s Answers

Jon P Thomas

Houston Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. Can I file a wrongful arrest on the bay town police department for arresting me for DUI when i drank nothing and did no drugs .

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Peyton Zimmerman Peebles III
    2. Macy Michelle Jaggers
    3. Jon P Thomas
    4. W. Troy McKinney
    5. James Richard Butler
    5 lawyer answers

    First, you need to ensure your DWI charge is dismissed. Though, it may seem like a dismissal would be a no brainer, the DAO may not be willing dismiss the case that quickly or easily, especially if so move may have been injured or sustained a large amount of property damage. Though, they may now be now be alleging intoxication because of drugs, don't worry to much. The whole marijuana thing is often a fall back when people blow a 0.00. I have never had them push a drug related DWI. They...

    6 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. How long does an extradite hearing normally take? How long does the state of Georgia have to come get an inmate in Texas?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Jon P Thomas
    2. Richard Timothy Jones
    2 lawyer answers

    Your husband will be taken before a judge, who will inform him of the extradition warrant and the underline criminal charge(s). At this point, your husband can either consent to the extradition or challenge the legality of his arrest. If he disputes the warrant, the judge will appoint counsel or permit retained counsel time to file an application for a writ of habeas corpus. At the writ hearing the prosecution will have to prove the validity of the warrant and that your husband is the actual...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful