William K. Berenson’s Answers

William K. Berenson

Fort Worth Car / Auto Accident Lawyer.

Contributor Level 6
  1. Are you at fault if you are rear-ended with a suspended license?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. David Irving Shiner
    2. William K. Berenson
    3. Scott J. Corwin
    4. Michael Brevda
    4 lawyer answers

    No, you are not at fault. I just represented a client several hours ago in a similar situation where this young man (age 17) never had had a driver's license and another car ran a light and caused a collision. The adjuster tried to argue that point and I told him I would keep that out of evidence in court. He then made a settlement offer on the case. But yes, you should seek medical treatment if you are injured and consult with an attorney.

    6 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Can my boss talk to other members of staff about me?

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Bryce Gregory Murray
    2. William K. Berenson
    3. Alan James Brinkmeier
    3 lawyer answers

    Generally your employer is allowed to discuss your performance with other staff members. As an employee, your right to privacy regarding your job performance is limited

  3. Lawsuit with injuries over $250 K. Can the plaintiff take a home?

    Answered about 4 years ago.

    1. Andrew Daniel Myers
    2. Nima Taradji
    3. William K. Berenson
    3 lawyer answers

    According to http://www.uslegalforms.com/realestate/homestead/ "New Jersey - No homestead exemption is provided, but an exemption for personal property of up to $1,000 is allowed New Jersey Statutes, Annotated, § 2A: 17- 1 and 2A: 17-17" This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.

  4. What kind of lawyer I need?

    Answered about 4 years ago.

    1. Sandra Margaret Emerson
    2. William K. Berenson
    2 lawyer answers

    You should contact a Discrimination Lawyer or a Civil Rights Lawyer. You may also need a criminal lawyer if the supervisor filed charges