Based on the information you have provided, it does sound like you could sue them. However, cases against the government are very difficult to win. A lawyer would need a lot more information to fully evaluate your case. I suggest that you call a lawyer very soon. Please note that this information is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Please directly call an attorney for advice.