Sharon W. Curtis’s Answers

Sharon W. Curtis

Mckinney DUI / DWI Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Can you still get a lawyer after being in jail for a little over a year, with a charge on robbery and it’s your first offense?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones
    2. Sharon W. Curtis
    3. Bradley R. Voyles
    4. Thomas Klemens Almquist
    4 lawyer answers

    You need the advice of an attorney who specializes in Parole law. There are many fine attorneys who could guide you in the process. Call Bill Habern's office at 936-435-1380 (you can look him or his firm online) or another parole attrorney. Trial attorneys would not usually be your best resource for information on parole since we are focusing our efforts on keeping them out of prison or jail. Hope this helps...........

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. Do i get Good time in prison.. i.e for a violent felony

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. David Matthew Piper
    2. Grover Christopher Collins
    3. Sharon W. Curtis
    3 lawyer answers

    It all depends upon where the person is serving their time. In Texas, they must serve a certain percentage of their sentence before being eligible for parole but good time can factor in as well but their "good time" can also be taken away. This is a specialty in the law, especially in Texas, so my advice would be to consult a person that specializes in parole law. Hope that helps.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer