Josh D Lee’s Answers

Josh D Lee

Vinita DUI / DWI Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. If you bond out of jail, do you get to keep your court appointed counsel?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Howard M Lewis
    2. Josh D Lee
    3. Barry Franklin Poulson
    3 lawyer answers

    That depends on your local jurisdiction. In many counties that I have seen - YES. Judges around NE Oklahoma seem to feel that if you can come up with the money to pay a bondsman then you can come up with the money to hire a lawyer. I disagree with their conclusion and think it is unconstitutional. But that doesnt mean that they wont do it. Call local attorneys in that county and ask them if their judge usually does that.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. I am 17 and my mom thinks my bf hit me and called cops and pressured me into lying and telling police he hit me. what do i do

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Josh D Lee
    2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko
    2 lawyer answers

    Call the police and tell them the truth about what happened. If I was defending your boyfriend of the charges I would also appreciate you letting me know or at the least sending a message to him in some manner letting him know what you told the police, that it was a lie, and why you did it. Expect that you will likely be pressured into sticking with your original story. At the end of the day the most important thing is if and when you give testimony, ALWAYS tell the truth, no matter what it is,...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. My 18 year old got a court summons ticket from a cop today for possession of pot and paraphernalia does she need an attorney?

    Answered almost 5 years ago.

    1. Josh D Lee
    1 lawyer answer

    Absolutely. Possession of Marijuana is what they call a predicate offense. This means that if she was to ever get another marijuana charge that would be a felony. On top of that there could be search issues to explore with how and why the officer searched her purse. We would need more facts to be able to answer that question for sure. But those facts need to be discussed with a competent criminal defense attorney in private. There are a few attorneys that advertise on this web site that I...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful