Victor R. Wandres’s Answers

Victor R. Wandres

Tulsa Debt Settlement Attorney.

Contributor Level 9
  1. How do I get Walmart to leave me alone?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Victor R. Wandres
    1 lawyer answer

    That sounds pretty suspicious to me. Writing you letters trying to squeeze money out of you is not what I would expect Walmart to do. It sounds like a scam artist to me, not Walmart. You should call the company headquarters directly (not the number on the letters they are sending you) to verify they are coming from Walmart.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. Personal loan has come to my fathers house, called his boss, gave me information on his account, and lost $300.

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Victor R. Wandres
    1 lawyer answer

    In Oklahoma, small loan companies are usually covered by the "Deferred Deposit Lending Act." Lenders are supposed to follow the provisions of the FDCPA. What you've described above would be illegal under the FDCPA. Lenders are supervised by the Oklahoma Department of Consumer Credit. You should file a complaint against the lender with the ODCC. I've added the link to their complaint form below.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  3. Loaning money to a LLC in which I was 25% owner my Ex wife was a 25% owner and my bookeepers wife was 50% OWNER

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Victor R. Wandres
    1 lawyer answer

    This sounds like a complicated issue. You may have a cause of action against the CPA (and possibly his wife) for fraud. If the business is now defunct, then there is no chance to recover the money from the business. You should seek an attorney competent in business litigation. Although it doesn't look like Oklahoma County offers one, The Tulsa County Bar Association has an excellent referral service. See link below.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  4. Being sued for credit card debt. Respond asking for verification of debt?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Richard Scott Lysle
    2. Kevin Samuel Sullivan
    3. Victor R. Wandres
    3 lawyer answers

    Find an attorney that specializes in debt collection defense in your area. If you live in a larger city, you may be able to find one on If it is a debt buyer lawsuit, they are easily defeated once an attorney becomes involved.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. I keep getting a call from a place else about a supposed payday loan for 664$ when I ask questions I get hung up on its from 06

    Answered 7 days ago.

    1. Victor R. Wandres
    1 lawyer answer

    We sue debt collectors that don't follow the law. Our website is However, your's is likely a scam artist that may have nothing to do with your loan. There are many scammers that follow the crumbs of old pay day loans. These scammers sometimes even have a copy of your credit report back from when you first obtained the loan. If the last payment made on the pay day loan was over 5 years ago, the debt is too old to be collected as it is barred by the "statute of...

  6. I have been sued what do I need to do?

    Answered about 2 months ago.

    1. Kevin H. Pate
    2. Victor R. Wandres
    3. Daniel J. Shibilia Jr.
    4. David Force
    4 lawyer answers

    You need to hire counsel. We handle cases filed by Midland Funding in your area.

  7. If you have a debt that was charged off can they charge you for interest on that debt

    Answered 2 months ago.

    1. Blake Owen Brewer
    2. Philip C. Apovian
    3. Kevin H. Pate
    4. Victor R. Wandres
    5. Lloyd A. Pont
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    It seems that what your question really goes to is whether the debt collector can charge you the INTEREST on the charged off debt. This is a complex question, but the following article does a pretty good job at examining it: Also, Regulation Z of the Truth In Lending Act (TILA) states that interest may be added to charged off debt ONLY if the creditor (or debt buyer) sends periodic statements to the consumer showing the...

  8. Was sued then i immediately filed bankruptcy but still was garnished. 3 Months later I still haven't gotten the money back.

    Answered 4 months ago.

    1. Victor R. Wandres
    2. Bruce Ward Bain
    2 lawyer answers

    We sue debt collectors under a law called the FDPCA. We are able to do this without charging our clients when they've been wronged. We practice statewide in Oklahoma. If the creditor or its law firm knew that you declared bankruptcy, the action of continuing with the garnishment may be a violation of the FDCPA entitling you to your money back and up to $1,000 in statutory damages. Please feel free to contact my office for further information.

  9. What can happen to me if I am being sued and I have no assets, no bank accounts and no employment

    Answered 7 months ago.

    1. Shaye Larkin
    2. Dorothy Ann Bartholomew
    3. Kevin H. Pate
    4. Victor R. Wandres
    5. Shelley Ann Elder
    5 lawyer answers

    You may be "judgment proof." However, if you're being sued by a debt buyer who purchased your defaulted student loan, we've had success with getting these types of lawsuits dismissed without our clients having to pay anything to the junk debt buyer. It's also possible that the junk debt buyer has violated the FDCPA in their contacts with you. You should contact an attorney specializing in debt defense to check out your options. Our website is below.

  10. I've had a new 2014 Accord since 5/16/2014 and still have no financing three months later. Can I return the car?

    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. Victor R. Wandres
    2. Kevin H. Pate
    2 lawyer answers

    I'm surprised they let you off the lot with a new car, and even more surprised that the dealer hasn't called you after financing failed. If you've signed nothing with the dealer or a financing company, then it would be difficult for them to sue you for anything. You may just be able to bring the car back to the dealer if you haven't signed any agreement to purchase or if that agreement is contingent upon you obtaining financing. What the dealer cannot do is call you back in and demand...

Call for a FREE consultation. You may be entitled to a $1,000 Reward!