David W. Terry’s Answers

David W. Terry

Towson Nursing Home Abuse / Neglect Lawyer.

Contributor Level 9
  1. How critical is it to have a local attorney vs. an attorney out of the area but within the state?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Alyson Marie George
    2. David Irving Shiner
    3. John Kevin Griffin
    4. David W. Terry
    5. Christian K. Lassen II
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    This depends on many factors. In my practice, I travel all over two states. If I need help in a certain area, I contact a local attorney. Oftentimes, though, it is no problem for me to work the case up without local counsel. It really depends on your attorney, the type of case and his or her comfort in handling cases out of town. Best advice is to talk with your lawyer and determine a course of action. Good luck!

    11 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. I am a victim of a Hit and run car accident, I was a pedestrian in the crosswalk.

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Jason D. Holbrook
    2. David W. Terry
    3. David J. McCormick
    4. Michael Shemtoub
    5. Ryan Benjamin Cappy
    6. ···
    11 lawyer answers

    You really need to talk with an attorney in your area. This is definitely the kind of case you need legal help with. I am in Missouri, but I have a good friend in your area who can help you. Feel free to call Matt Mazur at 305-779-4805. I hope he can help you. Good luck.

    10 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. I was involved in a hit and run last night. I was drinking and really dont remember. what now?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Joseph Younes
    2. David W. Terry
    3. Ronald Lee Bell
    4. Judy A. Goldstein
    5. Daniel G. Galivan
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    Drinking and driving is a terrible thing and will never benefit anyone. Having said that, you should talk with a local attorney who handles DUI cases right away. Let him give you advice on how to proceed should that knock on the door come. If someone was injured or if there was property damage as a result of your actions, you should also talk with an attorney on how to proceed. Regardless of the circumstances, talk with an attorney sooner rather than later.

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. My cousin was killed while bicycling in a charity event when he was hit by a vehicle driven by a distracted driver.

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Richard Watts Morefield
    2. Spencer Edward Farris
    3. Larea Annette Griggs
    4. Todd Nathan Hendrickson
    5. David W. Terry
    6. ···
    13 lawyer answers

    First of all, please accept my condolences on the death of your cousin. I live in St. Louis but handle wrongful death cases all over the state of Missouri, including Kansas City. I recall reading about this tragedy in the newspaper and felt terrible for the family members. Specifically to you question....the Missouri wrongful death statute identifies different "classes" of individuals who can file a wrongful death lawsuit. The first "class" involves parents, spouses and children. In...

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. My Attorney said my wife won't get but 25,k for getting hit from behind. What about personal injury, her husband going through

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Bernard Dobbie Nomberg
    2. David W. Terry
    3. Joel Jay Kofsky
    4. Ronald Lee Bell
    4 lawyer answers

    I don't know who your attorny is, but before you and your wife agree to any settlement, you should make sure of four things: 1) Is $25K the maximum amount in the policy? If not, then you may not want to settle; 2) Has your attorney determined that there is not an excess policy held by the person that hit your wife...if there is, there could be more insurance; 3) do you have UIM (underinsured motorist coverage)...if so, you could find more coverage under your own insurance policy; 4) Does your...

    8 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  6. I was badly hurt last week and wondering if i can sue anyone.

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Steven Adam Sigmond
    2. Stephen Laurence Hoffman
    3. Nima Taradji
    4. Louis Joseph Meyer
    5. Joseph Paul Giamanco
    6. ···
    13 lawyer answers

    You really need to talk to an attorney right away. Feel free to call me.

    6 lawyers agreed with this answer

  7. Hi my mother who is in a nursing home fell about a year ago and broke her arm. She said she slipped on water in the dining area.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. David W. Terry
    2. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. Kelly Scott Davis
    5. Gilbert Richard Hoy Jr
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    You are asking the right questions. Your best bet is to contact an attorney in Oklahoma City who handles nursing home abuse and neglect cases who can answer these questions for you. I practice in Missouri, Illinois and Arkansas so I am not completely familiar with Oklahoma law. However, having said that, I believe that the state recently passed some "tort reform" measures that have made these cases more difficult to pursue. Again, you should talk to an Oklahoma lawyer who can be more...

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  8. What should i do? My money if limited, so attorney may be out of my reach.

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Mark Christopher Wolfe
    2. Jeffrey Leonard Goodgame
    3. David W. Terry
    4. Timothy Kent Hobbs II
    5. C Steven Moskos
    5 lawyer answers

    You should be able to find an attorney who can help you on a contingent fee which is where he/she gets a percentage of a settlement or verdict and he/she pays the expenses for you so there are no up front costs for you. The tricky part of your case appears to be that the person who hit your son may be uninsured and from what you said you appear not to have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage. You need to talk to a local attorney that handles car accident cases on a contingent fee....

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  9. Is it to late to file a claim on an accident that was 6 months ago.

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Sidney Weinstein
    2. David H. Burns
    3. Steven Mark Sweat
    4. David W. Terry
    5. Henry David Bullard
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    I assume that this accident was in Georgia. If so, you need to talk with a Georgia attorney who can give you information on the applicable statutes of limitations. Good luck!

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  10. My husband was in a motorbike accident recently and I am needing legal advise.

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. David W. Terry
    2. Dean Brett
    3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr
    4. Jonathan Neal Portner
    5. Dean Forrest Swanson
    5 lawyer answers

    You should talk with an attorney right away who can help you on this issue. You should spend your time with your husband and let an attorney do the investigation for you on whether a legal case is possible. You might try Chris Davis who is a Seattle attorney. His telephone number is 866-595-3565. I don't really know him, but I've heard he does a good job. Good luck...I hope your husband fully recovers.

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer