Kelly Lynn Garrett’s Answers

Kelly Lynn Garrett

Belleville Family Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 2
  1. I would like to know if I am eligable for spousal support in a divorce? How much, How long?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Elizabeth A. Demonte
    2. J. Richard Kulerski
    3. Peggy M. Raddatz
    4. Kelly Lynn Garrett
    4 lawyer answers

    Maintenance is determined on a case by case basis. The court considers a number of factors including the length of the marriage, age of the parties, disparity in income and ability of the parties to work. Based on the information that you have provided, it appears likely that you would be awarded some amount of maintenance. You should consult an attorney and discuss the specific facts in your case as well as the possibility of requesting temporary support while the divorce is pending. Best...

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Family law

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Judy A. Goldstein
    2. Peggy M. Raddatz
    3. Elizabeth A. Demonte
    4. Kelly Lynn Garrett
    4 lawyer answers

    You should contact an attorney right away to file a motion to modify your child support. If the court order is not modified and you are not paying at least the amount of support that was ordered, you risk accruing an arrearage that could potentially be reported to credit bureaus and even result in the suspension of your license as well as other negative consequences.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer