Eric D. Ledbetter’s Answers

Eric D. Ledbetter

Chicago Immigration Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Can you fly in from outside USA to file I-131 and then leave out of country with next few days. Since u can fly back for biometr

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Daniel Warren Thomann
    2. F. J. Capriotti III
    3. Eric D. Ledbetter
    4. Robert West
    4 lawyer answers

    The Form I-131 is a multi-use application for different types of benefits. We need more information about your current status and your goal in filing the I-131 application to be able to answer this question.

    9 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. US I-131 form, sending from outside USA to a family member to take it to post-office...

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Kevin Lawrence Dixler
    2. Theodore John Murphy
    3. F. J. Capriotti III
    4. Dhenu Mitesh Savla
    5. Eric D. Ledbetter
    5 lawyer answers

    As others have said, you should not file the I-131 while you are physically outside the U.S. Also of concern is whether you have adequately maintained your permanent intent in order to keep your permanent resident status. I would strongly recommend talking to an experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible and certainly before filing any paperwork or attempting to enter the U.S.

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. If my wife applies for a L2 to L1 transfer, does she have to travel to india for stamping before she joins for work?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Carl Michael Shusterman
    2. Stephen D. Berman
    3. F. J. Capriotti III
    4. Eric D. Ledbetter
    5. J Charles Ferrari
    5 lawyer answers

    A person in this situation can change status from L-2 to L-1 within in the U.S., assuming he or she qualifies for the L-1. Your spouse's employer will need to hire an experienced immigration attorney.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer