Anne Gabrielle Relias’s Answers

Anne Gabrielle Relias

Chicago Immigration Attorney.

Contributor Level 5
  1. If I am a Canadian who was convicted with gross misdemeanor trespassing while visiting WA, will I be denied entry into the U.S.?

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Anne Gabrielle Relias
    1 lawyer answer

    Without reviewing the statute, complaint and record of conviction I cannot be certain, but crimes where there is no element of intent are generally not considered crimes of moral turpitude which would make an applicant inadmissible. Additionally, even if the trespassing conviction was considered a crime of moral turpitude there is a "petty offense exception" if you were not sentenced to more than 6 months and the maximum penalty possible for the crime does not exceed 1 year imprisonment....

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. How can my mom become a legal resident? shes stil a illegal alien

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Seeta Lakshmi Nangia
    2. Anne Gabrielle Relias
    2 lawyer answers

    Your mother may be eligible for a U visa as a victim of a crime of violence who cooperated with the police or could possibly file a self-petition if she experienced abuse from a spouse who was a lawful permanent resident or U.S. citizen. Feel free to contact me if you have additional questions. Anne Relias Attorney at Law Chicago