Kari L. Cornelison’s Answers

Kari L. Cornelison

Oak Brook Divorce / Separation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 9
  1. 9 year old daughter wants to come home from a 5 week visitation with father early

    Answered about 4 years ago.

    1. Kari L. Cornelison
    2. William Leigh Wilson
    2 lawyer answers

    You should talk to her father immediately. He may not know that your child is feeling this way. She may be afraid to tell him because she does not want him to be upset with her. I would have her try it out for a little bit more time to see if she can adjust to the situation. If she is not adapting and is crying everyday thereafter, then I would talk to the father and see if he is in agreement with allowing the child to come home and offer him some additional visitation to make up for the...

  2. My ex is asking me to help her with private high school.

    Answered about 4 years ago.

    1. David Matthew Gotzh
    2. Kari L. Cornelison
    2 lawyer answers

    If you and you ex-wife have joint custody, you should have a part in the decision making as to where your child will attend high school. You must read your Judgment to determine if you have already agreed to pay for private school expenses or agreed for the child to attend such schooling. If you have not, a court will look at your and your ex-wife's current financial situations and determine if it is in the best interests of your child to attend such school and whether or not you will be...