Skip to main content
Jeffrey Lee Loftness

Jeffrey Loftness’s Answers

1 total

  • I am looking to move out of state (Minnesota to Texas). What court forms need to be completed and filed?

    I have joint legal custody and sole physical custody of my son. My son's bio father has been court ordered parenting time of 1 day per week for 6 hours. He has also been court ordered child support, but I have only received 2 payments thus far and...

    Jeffrey’s Answer

    If the biological father does not agree, then you will have to bring a motion, and it will be your burden to prove that relocating the child to another state serves the child's best interests. I agree with the others that you probably should not file this type of motion without an attorney. The judge will have to analyze the factors in Minnesota statute 518.175, Subd 3.

    See question