Skip to main content
Sarah Dekraay

Sarah Dekraay’s Answers

1 total

  • On my court order it states my ex and I are to rotate every other year for taxes.

    She has claimed child every year. Is she in contempt. How likely will anything be done about this if I file a contempt against her? Is it worth it?

    Sarah’s Answer

    It depends upon the language in the Judgment of Divorce. If there is a requirement that you have to be current in your child support, and if not, then you cannot claim the child as a dependency exemption, then there is a chance that she is not in contempt. If you have abided by the terms of the Judgment regarding support, health insurance, variable expenses, etc. and she has willfully and intentionally violated the court order, then she could be found in contempt of court and would have to pay your attorney fees.

    See question