Skip to main content
Dayten P. Hanson

Dayten Hanson’s Answers

1 total

  • We were discharged 2003 from chapter 13..can we file for chapter 7 this time?

    We were discharged from chapter 13, last 2003. the problem is we have our names on the following houses: 1. this house has no equity at all it is 50 percent under our names and 50 percent under my father inlaws 2. this house is my mothers name. ...

    Dayten’s Answer

    You cannot file obtain a discharge in a chapter 7 case if you received a discharge in a chapter 13 case that was commenced within the last 6 years. Thus, it appears that you would "qualify" for a chapter 7, The balance of the issues relate to exemptions and the amount of equity that you may have in the particular assets.

    See question