Jeremy R. Cnudde’s Answers

Jeremy R. Cnudde

Troy Business Attorney.

Contributor Level 5
  1. I have lived in a house I am renting with option to buy, for 4 years , my landlord is rushing me to sign a land contract,

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Deano Carlos Ware
    2. Jeremy R. Cnudde
    3. James P. Frederick
    3 lawyer answers

    To add to the quality comments above, the land contract would likely violate the restrictions in the Mortgage and Loan documents, thus enabling the bank to foreclose, leaving you in the cold. If you were to use a land contract for the purchase, make sure the lender authorizes it in writting.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. What are my options after trading in a car for a newer vechicle, having a week, then denied financing?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Jeremy R. Cnudde
    1 lawyer answer

    You need to reveiw the documents that were signed and see what they say in the event you are unable to obtain reasonable financing. Generally, there should be some contingency acspect that permits you to back out of the deal if the financing falls through. If you back out, you should either receive you old car back, or the fair value of the car in cash. Frankly, I'm surprised they allowed you to take the car without financing in place. Watch for a bait and switch if they seller tries to...

  3. Landlord involved himself in business without permission. Action taken to remove him. Now he is locking areas of business rented

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Jeremy R. Cnudde
    1 lawyer answer

    You need a lot more information. First, if you and the landlord have an agreement to delay the payment of rent, you need that in writting. Not that I don't trust people, but I prefer to be safe than sorry. Second, the landlord's rights and your rights to access to the building space are, or should be, set forth in detail in a commercial lease. You need a WA attorney to review the lease and then review what the landlord is doing specifically against the business. This is really a real...

  4. What are the necessary steps to remove a shareholder and initial board of director member from a C-corp?

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Jeremy R. Cnudde
    1 lawyer answer

    Technically, you would need to sign the stock certificates and appropriate assignment agreement which would authorize the "Secretary" of the corporation to cancel your shares and issue new stock certificates. However, even though you have not done so, he does have a decree which I am assuming has language that specifies that the stock SHALL be transfered to your husband. Assuming these are the facts (which you should verify) then he would have an option to have a court issue an order allowing...