Skip to main content
James P. Frederick

James Frederick’s Legal Guides

12 total

  • What is probate and do I need it?

    There are two basic types of probate proceedings in Michigan. Someone suffering from legal incapacity, (such as a minor), may require a guardian and or conservator. Also, when someone has died, the probate court may be needed to transfer title to their assets. This guide deals with both proceedings.

    Read more 

  • Do I need a lawyer to help with probate administration?

    Probate can be a frustrating and complicated process. It can also be expensive. The most expensive part of probate administration is the attorney fee. Do you need to pay this or can you handle probate on your own? These are the factors to consider.

    Read more