Mark L. Gantz’s Answers

Mark L. Gantz

Dearborn Heights Probate Attorney.

Contributor Level 6
  1. Trust, Will

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Julie Aletta Paquette
    2. James P. Frederick
    3. Joseph Michael Pankowski Jr
    4. Mark L. Gantz
    4 lawyer answers

    Actually the term "personal representative" is a blanket term used to refer to the person nominated in Will as well as the person appointed by the Court in estates where one died without a Will. Prior to 1978 Michigan used the term "executor" to refer to the person nominated in the Will, and the term "administrator" to refer to the person appointed by the Court in estates where one died without a Will. The Revised Probate Code came to the realization that the function of both the executor and...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. I need to amend my divorce decree to say that my child born during marriage is not my husbands child..How do I do that?

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Henry S. Gornbein
    2. Mark L. Gantz
    3. Christopher Jay Harding
    3 lawyer answers

    Assuming your Divorce Judgment was in Michigan, you would have to file a Motion to Amend Divorce Judgment, and serve your ex-husband with a copy. If you are represented by an attorney, the court has discretion to allow you to testify by telephone. If your ex-husband will cooperate, you could try to file a consent order with the court. It is not clear from your question as to why you need to do this. Why not file for paternity of the child in the state where the child presently resides? I...

    2 people marked this answer as helpful

  3. Me husband of 38 years died in 2008 . An estate planning attorney that my husband and I both knew asked to be my attorney. I pa

    Answered 5 months ago.

    1. Peter L. Conway
    2. James P. Frederick
    3. Mark L. Gantz
    3 lawyer answers

    You should immediately report this matter to the Michigan Attorney Grievance Commission. They will investigate the matter, and if warranted, will take action against the attorney's law license.

  4. Inheritance tax

    Answered over 6 years ago.

    1. Timothy J. Klisz
    2. Mark L. Gantz
    3. Gabriel Cheong
    4. E. Alexandra Golden
    4 lawyer answers

    Michigan does not have an Inheritance Tax. Each County Probate Court does charge an Inventory Fee on the gross assets of estates that are subject to Probate. The amount of the fee is a percentage of the gross assets, and is nominal.