Scott S. Yaldo’s Answers

Scott S. Yaldo

Birmingham Litigation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 4
  1. When does my 30 day notice start

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Rixon Charles Rafter III
    2. James T. Weiner
    3. Eric M. Spector
    4. Scott S. Yaldo
    4 lawyer answers

    To answer your question, anyone can do anything, but that does not mean they will prevail in doing so! Additionally, to further answer your question, if your Landlord is trying to terminate your tenancy, the Landlord is required to give you a 30 days notice prior to filing any legal action to terminate your tenancy. However, your Landlord would only be required to give you a 7 days notice prior to starting a legal action for unpaid rent, and thereafter, if it is determined by the court that...

  2. My exwife and I bought a house together so both of us are on the title can she bar me from being there?

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. John Wesley Kocsis
    2. Scott S. Yaldo
    2 lawyer answers

    If the house is in both of your names, you have alegal right to occupy the houe. Absent a court order, you will not be precluded from access to the house or its occupancy.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. Independent contractor violated contract

    Answered about 6 years ago.

    1. Scott S. Yaldo
    1 lawyer answer

    Depending on the language in your agreement, you may be able to get an injunction aagainst the artisit to stop him from working within the restricted 25 mile radius. You may also be entitled to damages resulting from lost business, etc.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  4. I received a Notice of Foreclosure. Does the affidavits within need to be notarized?

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Daniel Mark Press
    2. David M. Vereeke
    3. Scott S. Yaldo
    3 lawyer answers

    An Affidavit implies a statement is sworn to under oath. Therefore, if it is not signed, it does not qualify as an Affidavit. Typically, Foreclosure statutes require a valid affidavit. If it is not signed under oath, then it will generally not meet the requirements of a foreclosure statute, and the entire foreclosure may be challenged in court.

  5. If someone has taken money out of my checking account, and the amount is over $4000, can my son press charges

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Ronald Lee Burdge
    2. Scott S. Yaldo
    2 lawyer answers

    Without a power of attorney, you would be the one that has to press charges. If any amount was taken out of your account without your authority, and you know who did it, and if it was done fraudulently, then yes, you can press charges.