Eric Richard Laubacher’s Answers

Eric Richard Laubacher

Cleveland Divorce / Separation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 6
  1. My husband bought a home before we were married...we are now separated and he wants to refinance...he is asking me to sign a qui

    Answered 9 months ago.

    1. Jennifer Adrienne Nielsen
    2. Paul Dean Bryson
    3. Eric Richard Laubacher
    4. Brandon Nicole Bush
    4 lawyer answers

    Property, be it separate or marital property, does not change as to the type of property it is simply because it is titled differently. However, you should speak to an experienced family law attorney to be sure that there is not a marital component in any equity that the house may have. For example, your attorney may be able to make the argument that some of the equity in the property is marital due to the fact that marital funds were used to make payments or improvements to the property and...

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. We lost our house to a fire in January. We have $50k equity in the home. I just found out my husband went out and bought a house

    Answered 9 months ago.

    1. Eric Richard Laubacher
    2. Christopher Lee Beck
    2 lawyer answers

    The short answer is yes. You need to file for divorce as soon as possible and talk to an experienced attorney about filing restraining orders to keep him from removing money from these accounts without the court having the opportunity to sort things out. The key here is to get an experience attorney that understands restraining orders in your jurisdiction. Good luck

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer


    Answered 9 months ago.

    1. Eric Richard Laubacher
    2. Jeffrey J. Szczewski
    2 lawyer answers

    Discovery is the process that is used by people in court cases to receive information from the other party in the case. The basic rule in discovery is that a party can ask for any information that is reasonably calculated to lead to relevant information. Therefore, if your Ex or their attorney is able to make a good argument that the credit card statements are relevant information or the statements will lead them to relevant information, they should be able to request the information. This...

  4. My ex wife is taking me to court for failure to pay medical expenses, what recourse do I have

    Answered 9 months ago.

    1. Anthony William Greco
    2. Eric Richard Laubacher
    2 lawyer answers

    The first bit of advice that I would offer is to read your Judgment Entry, Parenting Plan and Separation Agreement very carefully. These are court orders, and therefore you are obligated to comply with all of the requirements set out in these documents. That being said, if you are required to pay medical expenses your ex-wife must give you adequate documentation of the expenses ACTUALLY owed. This means not only what the medical provider charged but whether or not those expenses were paid by...

  5. Is my property considered mutual property automatically after marriage under Ohio law?

    Answered almost 4 years ago.

    1. Joseph Carmen Patituce
    2. Eric Richard Laubacher
    2 lawyer answers

    In virtually all cases, property that you brought into the marriage will remain your separate property if you can prove that it was yours prior to the marriage. However you should talk to an experienced domestic relations attorney for a more detailed answer based upon your specific situation.

We're ready to help. Contact us today.