Karrah Griffin Leary’s Answers

Karrah Griffin Leary

Knoxville DUI / DWI Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Question about court on a shoplifting charge????

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Joe Mason Brandon Jr.
    2. Karrah Griffin Leary
    3. Eric M. Larsen
    4. Claiborne Hambrick Ferguson
    5. John Paul Thygerson
    5 lawyer answers

    I agree with Joe Mason Brandon, Jr.'s response. A retirement seems to be referred to as a "Pass" here in Knoxville- sometimes, your lawyer can consult with the District Attorney on your behalf and obtain a deal in which there is no guilty plea- as long as you acquire no new offenses within a specific time period (30 days, 6 months, 11 months and 29 days, etc.) then the offense will be dismissed. Please contact your lawyer, though! He/she should explain your rights and sentence to you in much...

    5 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. I Need an attorney to file my wifes I-130 form and to find o8ut how much this will cost

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Karrah Griffin Leary
    2. J Charles Ferrari
    3. Veronica Tunitsky
    4. Christian Schmidt
    4 lawyer answers

    As Mr. Schmidt stated, the filing fee for the I-130 itself is $420. Are you interested in adjusting your wife's status concurrently? If so, there will be an additional filing fee for the I-485. I agree with the attorneys above- attorney's fees typically vary depending on the particular circumstances involved in your case. At my office (The McKellar Law Firm), the attorney's fee includes services in addition to completing your forms- services such as researching current law and procedures,...

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. In the state of TN, what would be my likely outcome of theft under $100? What should i do to be prepared?

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Lindsey Ann Savage Ralston
    2. David Louis Raybin
    3. William Kevin Hodges
    4. Taurus Martin Bailey
    5. Karrah Griffin Leary
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    In Tennessee, conviction for "theft under $500.00" is a class A misdemeanor, punishable by a jail sentence of up to 11 months and 29 days in jail and/or a fine up to $2500. In Knoxville, court costs vary. I recommend taking this situation very seriously and not listening to the advice of your friend; no two cases and sets of factual circumstances are exactly alike, and attorneys are specifically trained to apply the law to the particular facts involved in YOUR case and, when necessary,...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. My daughter was cited with a underage drinking citation in Rutherford county TN , She got this because she was told by the

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Nathan Zale Dowlen
    2. Karrah Griffin Leary
    3. Edwin Arnold Anderson
    4. James Ronald Tucker Jr.
    5. Ross Carl Goodman
    5 lawyer answers

    Does the citation state whether your daughter must report to municipal (city) court or criminal court? Underage drinking citations in my area (Knoxville) that involve violation of a city ordinance are handled at municipal court- dismissal with certain conditions (30 or 60 day pass in which she can acquire no new offenses, full payment of court costs) may very well be a possibility if she has no prior offenses. However, it will be up to the discretion of the judge. It would be beneficial to...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. Easiest way for a us citizen to be with their international spouse?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Rajesh Nakchhed Prasad
    2. Lalita Haran
    3. Karrah Griffin Leary
    4. Theodore S. Huang
    5. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.
    5 lawyer answers

    I agree with Attorney Prasad regarding filing the fiance visa. I advise your girlfriend to follow the requirements and leave the U.S. before the expiration of her VWP. Then you can file an I-129 petition for fiance visa on her behalf- once she gets the visa, be sure to marry within 90 days of her entry into the United States! Subsequently, you can adjust her status to that of a conditional lawful permanent resident. Regarding your relationship, there are a variety of ways to prove that your...