Tracy W Cary’s Answers

Tracy W Cary

Dothan Workers' Compensation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 10
  1. Got into a car accident, other drivers fault w/ possible DUI. Neck stiffness, what actions to take next?

    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. Roger Stone Reynolds
    2. Robert Bruce Kopelson
    3. Gabriel Dante Mazzitelli
    4. Louis Samuel Abronson
    5. David Herman Hirsch
    6. ···
    18 lawyer answers

    In my experience, the longer you wait to get medical treatment after a traumatic event the more issues and questions the insurance adjuster will raise. I would start treatment in an emergency room if possible.

    18 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. If someone has lapsed insurance but the person that rear ended them while drunk does have insurance will they still have to pay

    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. John P Ager
    2. Seth Clark Harmonson
    3. Anne Brady
    4. David Ian Schoen
    5. C. Donald Briggs III
    6. ···
    11 lawyer answers

    I would strongly encourage your Mother to consult with an attorney who specializes in personal injury claims in your area.

    12 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. When you are doing a wrongful death lawsuit why would they only offer 50.000 is that the going rate for a life these days.

    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. Alan Ray Barnes
    2. Michael Charles Doland
    3. Minh Tri Nguyen
    4. Christian K. Lassen II
    5. Robert Bruce Kopelson
    6. ···
    16 lawyer answers

    As others have indicated, there are several factors to be considered in determining whether $50,000 is all the coverage that's available. The amount of insurance coverage bears no relationship to the value of the life that was taken. In fact, all too often there is insufficient insurance coverage for the loss of life or serious personal injury. This is why consulting with a good personal injury attorney is very good advice. Other avenues of recovery could include a dram shop action, product...

    11 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. When a wrongful death suit is filed by one sibling are the other siblings entitled to proceeds awarded?

    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. Kevin M Garrison
    2. Anders Ferrington
    3. C. Donald Briggs III
    4. Josh P Tolin
    5. David Ian Schoen
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    Generally such cases are brought by a personal representative of the estate and the proceeds of a successful recovery are divided by the law of the states where the action is brought. Many states would allow your friend to receive some of the proceeds but you need to check with a lawyer in the state where the action was brought.

    9 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. Still getting a bill after our personal injury settlment

    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. David Ian Schoen
    2. John L. Schroeder
    3. John Daniel Wilson
    4. Christian K. Lassen II
    5. Michael R Crosner
    6. ···
    15 lawyer answers

    I'm not sure I'm correctly understanding your situation but I think the thing to do is contact the attorney and get an accounting of what was and was not paid out of the settlement.

    9 lawyers agreed with this answer

  6. What will happen if I close my workers comp case before it goes to trial, do I still have to pay the doctors and the WC attorny?

    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. Tracy W Cary
    2. Irina Rubin
    3. Nancy J Wallace
    4. Peter Joon-Sung Hong
    5. Brett A. Borah
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    If you have hired a lawyer and it sounds like you have, the insurance adjuster should not talk to you directly. You would have to fire your lawyer first (I am not recommending you do this) in order to talk to the adjuster about settling your claim. Even if you fire your attorney you may well owe the attorney for expenses and his or her time. I suggest you have a heart to heart with the attorney to get a realistic expectation of the time required to finalize your case. In many states you...

    Selected as best answer

  7. Do I reimburse my health and car insurance if I win in my small claims suit for personal injuries?

    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. Ryan Daniel Bright
    2. Wendy Marie Schenk
    3. Roger Stone Reynolds
    4. Richard Marc Katz
    5. Robert Bruce Kopelson
    6. ···
    12 lawyer answers

    Typically when a health insurance carrier or a car insurance carrier makes payments for medical bills and you recover for a personal injury claim the insurance carriers will have a subrogation interest which gives them the right to get some of their money back. Check your policy to see for sure if this is addressed.

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  8. Can I be sued by at-fault drivers family if he died?

    Answered 4 months ago.

    1. Nicholas Allen Primrose
    2. Christopher Robert Dillingham II
    3. Clifford M. Miller
    4. Tracy W Cary
    5. David Ian Schoen
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    I would make sure to give notice of this accident to your insurance carrier. They will be obligated to defend you if you are sued.

    5 lawyers agreed with this answer

  9. Someone ran a stop sign and hit me, their ins found me 1% at fault and will not pay. Do I have any recourse?

    Answered 3 months ago.

    1. Mark Christopher Wolfe
    2. Randy William Ferguson
    3. Reza Torkzadeh
    4. Mark Preston Jones
    5. Vernon Paul Hein
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    Insurance companies don't have the luxury of deciding who is at fault and who is not. Courts and juries do. Contact a lawyer and let him or her review the facts of yours case.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  10. Need to know if i have legal rights during or after w/c claim is settled

    Answered 6 months ago.

    1. Lois R Beasley-Carlisle
    2. Tracy W Cary
    3. Randy William Ferguson
    4. David Philip Nomberg
    5. David Anthony Hamby Jr.
    5 lawyer answers

    Making sure I understand the current status --- you settled your WC claim but left future medical benefits open? If so you would still be entitled to medical treatment as long as you get the treatment from the authorized physician. You still have rights but your post doesn't provide enough information to answer specifics about your situation.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

Free consultation. Call today.