Richard Douglas Jensen’s Answers

Richard Douglas Jensen

Huntsville Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 5
  1. Are court appointed attorneys in the state of Alabama required to contact a client before going to court?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Jeremy-Evan Alva
    2. Randy William Ferguson
    3. Richard Douglas Jensen
    4. Pascal Bruijn
    4 lawyer answers

    Yes. They are. But you're supposed to contact the lawyer, also. Make sure you contact the lawyer and make an appointment. Show up for that appointment. If the lawyer fails to show, you need to ask for another lawyer or, better yet, hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer with a track record of winning. Imagine yourself winning your case because you deserve a lawyer who will fight to win your case.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. Is it legal for me to keep my wife's prescription narcotic ?pain medicine on me?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Christian K. Lassen II
    2. Richard Douglas Jensen
    3. Malosack Berjis
    3 lawyer answers

    If the medicine is in the correct prescription pill bottle with a valid prescription in her name and she's with you, it's fine. If she's not with you, grey area. If the pills are not in the correct prescription bottle whether she's with you or not, it's a felony.

  3. Why is it taking so long for the courts to assign a public defender for my husband.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Randy William Ferguson
    2. Patrick Mahaney
    3. Richard Douglas Jensen
    4. Thomas G. Briody
    4 lawyer answers

    The system is clogged. Court-appointed counsel may or may not even be aware of the appointment. The judge may not have seen the request. Imagine your husband winning his case by hiring a lawyer who will fight to win because you deserve a lawyer who will fight to win your case. Use a court appointed counsel only as a last resort.

  4. Am I responsible for cashing a check i received in the mail that was counterfeit?

    Answered almost 4 years ago.

    1. Richard Douglas Jensen
    2. Pamela Koslyn
    2 lawyer answers

    You need to contact a licensed criminal defense attorney in Alabama. You must act quickly to preserve your rights and take the advantage in your case. If you'll call my office I will give you a free consultation and recommend a course of action.

  5. I need some advice for a unlawful and complaint against city of huntsville officers my husband was arrested and was abused..

    Answered about 4 years ago.

    1. William Lee Pfeifer Jr
    2. Richard Douglas Jensen
    2 lawyer answers

    You need to provide more information for your question. What exactly happened?