Scott Edward Gordon’s Answers

Scott Edward Gordon

Sarasota Real Estate Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. How to fill out quit claim deed after husbands death?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Daniel J. Rose
    2. Scott Edward Gordon
    2 lawyer answers

    There are any number of reasons that the clerk at the recorder's office would not accept the quit claim deed. As a previous response noted, that quit claim deed may not have to be filed. I'd also suggest contacting an attorney that has some expertise in real estate law to discuss this matter. You may find out that you do not need to take any further action and that recording that quit claim deed (or any other document) is not necessary.

  2. Do I need a lawyer to probate my brother's estate?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Ayuban Antonio Tomas
    2. Scott Edward Gordon
    3. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.
    4. Susan E. Gregory
    5. Stephen Craig Hinze
    5 lawyer answers

    Please accept my sympathy on your loss. Even in an estate such as this where summary administration may be available, an attorney is usually required to file the appropriate pleadings.