Skip to main content
Darren Robert Inverso

Darren Inverso’s Answers

2 total

  • I have fired counsel in my civil dispute. Meanwhile, the other side has sued me, and I must respond. Can that be my response?

    This is a property dispute. The counsel I hired initially was inattentive and unresponsive. My repeated status requests and requests to file my complaint were ignored. I fired that counsel, but in the time that she wasted, the other side filed ...

    Darren’s Answer

    If your prior counsel has not filed a Motion to Withdraw then technically he or she is still of record in your case and is responsible for protecting you against a default. If he or she is not in the case then so as others have suggested and file a Motion for Extension to retain counsel however put a definitive time in the Motion.

    See question 
  • How do I go about collecting money from somebody who owes me, what type of lawyer should I go to, if any?

    Someone owes me 5K and I want to get moving on collecting this. I don't know what kind of lawyer I should seek out, but I have a signed contract saying he will pay me back; he has defaulted.

    Darren’s Answer

    If you have a written agreement for the money owed then those provisions may provide some guidance. If you don't have written agreement then the process would begin with a demand letter identifying a reasonable time to pay. Thereafter, any litigation lawyer should be able to help.

    See question