Reuben Alexander Doupe’s Answers

Reuben Alexander Doupe

Naples Divorce / Separation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 5
  1. My name is Jim,I am a retired NY firefighter.My wife of 16years and I have been sperated for 10 mo during are marriage I paid \

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Reuben Alexander Doupe
    2. Brian Scott McNamara
    3. Judy A. Goldstein
    3 lawyer answers

    Generally, I agree with the prior answer. The state imposes a public policy that one spouse has a duty to support the other. Unless you and your wife have a written agreement that says she owes you her share, then you won't likely get it back. The only way to end that obligation is to file for and obtain a divorce (which may or may not have other financial ramifications based upon the other facts of your marriage).

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. My wife and I are not legally divorced, can she move out of state with my son without consent?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Reuben Alexander Doupe
    2. Theodore James Rechel
    3. Vanessa Alexandra Vasquez de Lara
    4. Kathy Anne Higby
    4 lawyer answers

    I disagree, slightly, with the other answer posted. If you have not filed for divorce, she can relocate and the issue then becomes, can you get an order requiring her to come back. The criminal kidnapping law cited above requires "malicious intent" which is difficult to prove and requires the State Attorney to deem it appropriate to get involved. The family law "relocation" statute DOES NOT preclude anyone from moving if there is not already a Court Order regarding the custody of...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. Divorced 2006 Two vehicles were to be refinanced and retagged in sole name of driver of vehicle. Ex husband has never done this

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora
    2. Reuben Alexander Doupe
    2 lawyer answers

    You should not take the vehicle from his possession, unless you meet with an attorney to discuss this issue. If you do so, your ex-husband may report the car stolen, and that won't help anyone. You should see an attorney to review your possible remedies, which MAY include (but meet with an attorney to verify you can get) damages for injury to your credit, indemnification, and possibly contempt and attorney's fees.

  4. How can I get ahold of my post divorce property?

    Answered about 5 years ago.

    1. Reuben Alexander Doupe
    1 lawyer answer

    Your rights should be defined by your settlement agreement/Final Judgment. So that is the first place you should look. If your ex-wife is not complying, you can file a motion to enforce. As part of the motion, you could have rights to discovery (potentially including rights to inspect her home). If you had an attorney in your divorce, you should contact him or her to assist you in resolving this issue.