Jill Jacob Burzynski’s Answers

Jill Jacob Burzynski

Naples Elder Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 5
  1. Can I get some help to pay for my husband nursing facility

    Answered over 6 years ago.

    1. Jill Jacob Burzynski
    2. E. Alexandra Golden
    2 lawyer answers

    If your husband meets level of care, he may be able to receive Medicaid, depending upon his assets and income. If the assets, including both your assets and his assets, exceed certain limitations, the assets may be restructured to in order to apply. If his income exceeds certain limitations, trusts may be used to meet eligibility requirments. There may be a cause of action against the facility where he resided where he was not cared for adequately that he developed bed sores.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. OR state law regarding durable power of attorney

    Answered over 6 years ago.

    1. E. Alexandra Golden
    2. Jill Jacob Burzynski
    2 lawyer answers

    In addition to relief that may be offered from Adult Protective Services, you may be able to obtain assistance from a legal aid office in your community. You mention that you are on SSDI. SSDI is not limited to people without assets. Therefore, I am not able to say for sure that you would meet the asset and income limitations which would be required by legal aid. In most states, a person who initiates guardianship is able to recover the fees and costs expended from the assets of the...