Rodney Kent Lilly’s Answers

Rodney Kent Lilly

Lakeland Car / Auto Accident Lawyer.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Good Morning, i want to know if i can sue the Insurance company for taking more than 2 years to settle my case.

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Byron L Kennedy III
    2. Alyson Marie George
    3. John Clint Wallace
    4. Debra Lynn Fein
    5. John Michael Phillips
    6. ···
    12 lawyer answers

    no, but you can (and should) sue them for the injuries themselves - and sooner than later. The statute of limitations is 4 years on an injury claim in FL but there's no real incentive for them to be in any kind of a hurry. you cant hold a gun to their head and force them to write a check, but you can drag them to the courthouse which is the real motivation they need to pay attention and be fair with you.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Is it common to seek a 2nd attorney to consult with regarding a legal case already in the courts.

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Mark Theodore Tischhauser
    2. Robert P Garven
    3. Jackson Wolfe Adams
    4. Alan James Brinkmeier
    5. Josh P Tolin
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    I don't understand the comment about the fee going up if the case settles short of trial - in FL the fee generally increases when suit (and an answer) are filed and remains constant through trial - and many lawyers don't charge the increased % unless it does goes to trial. Have a heart-to-heart with your lawyer about the value of your case - if you cant get comfortable with the advice, you have the option of terminating your arrangement and looking for another lawyer, but I'd exhaust all other...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. Auto Accident Settlement? Fair Offer?

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Richard L. Weldon II
    2. Gabriel Dante Mazzitelli
    3. Joseph John Bernardo
    4. Byron L Kennedy III
    5. Wayne William Bilsky
    6. ···
    16 lawyer answers

    since you already have a lawyer, it would not be appropriate for another lawyer to answer your questions. I would suggest you ask your lawyer what he/she thinks, and why - and if you disagree, ask for permission to get another opinion from another lawyer.

  4. My wife was crossing over 316 heading north when a guy in the median who was headed south an was turning left an hit my wife as

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Glen Edward Ashman
    2. Scott Benjamin Riddle
    3. Thomas Andrew Miller
    4. Noah Howard Pines
    5. Robert M. Gardner Jr.
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    from what you've stated, the other driver is clearly at fault - so if your wife was injured you should contact a GA injury lawyer

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer