Skip to main content
Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Joseph Pippen’s Answers

8,318 total

  • What is Probate rule5.530(a)(9);

    filling out probate court papers and this is what they want.

    Joseph’s Answer

    I would recommend that you hire an attorney to review your documents before you file them.
    Many have tried to do the documents and wind up paying more for correcting them than they would have
    by hiring an attorney to do it in the first place.

    See question 
  • I have bad credit.. my mother set up a revocable trust putting her house in trust for me to inherit

    I am disabled I have excellent income for life... by law I must be able to assume the mortgage correct?? GARN ST GERMAIN PROTECTS HEIRS REGARDLESS OF THEIR CREDIT...IS THIS TRUE? once I inherit the house I will live there full time in Florida

    Joseph’s Answer

    No-you can continue to make the payments and not assume as explained.

    See question 
  • How do I deed a property that was left to my brothers and me in my mothers will?

    My mother left her house to her 4 sons in her will. Everything has been completed except for the transfer of her deeded property to all the sons. No one intends to sell the property and are unwilling to change at this point. It needs to be done q...

    Joseph’s Answer

    Not sure what you mean that everything is done.
    If a probate was established-the executor needs to transfer the property by signing a deed.
    Other steps would be necessary to close the estate if one has been opened.
    Having an attorney would be your best bet.

    See question 
  • Have a second amendment to my trust but can't locate first amendment

    I had a second amendment to my revocable living trust prepared the end of last year, but cannot locate an original or copy of the first amendment. What documents need to be prepared to fix this?

    Joseph’s Answer

    If the 2nd amendment was also a restatement-you are fine-if not-a new restatement of trust would be the best bet.

    See question 
  • To contact a probate attorney in Florida I need help with sending a letter military retirement to an expo which was in the divor

    I need a legal lawyer to write a letter to the probate attorney in Florida I have information that I should be receiving my divorce decree stature once my ex has passed away his new wife he married passed away a year later it is now in probate

    Joseph’s Answer

    You can find an Attorney on the Find a Lawyer AVVO tab-Good Luck.

    See question 
  • As Successor Trustee to Mom's trust (living in Fl) can I give POA to my sister, as 2nd Trustee in NY to close on Mom's NY house

    I am hoping to avoid having to fly back to NY to close on Mom's house there. Can my sister be granted POA to sign for me, since she is listed next as successor trustee in the Trust?

    Joseph’s Answer

    You can resign as trustee since she is the next successor.
    You can easily do closings through the mail(maybe your best choice if you want to remain as trustee).

    See question 
  • My mom (who juat passed) has a life insurance policy names my sister as the beneficiary but she in prison now.

    My mom has the sgli insurance from the military and named my sister as the beneficiary. My sister is now in prison for homicide of my mother. I'm wondering what will happen with the insurance. My mom's husband has passed as well and I'm the only c...

    Joseph’s Answer

    Your sister would not receive the death benefit if she is found guilty as explained.
    The death benefit would then be probated in your mom's estate.
    You should take steps now to start a probate proceeding so you can be in charge of the estate.

    See question 
  • TOD for Real Estate?

    I have bank accounts and an apartment. My bank accounts are with TOD, do I need to have a will for my apartment, or can I also have TOD for my apartment? If I need to do a will for my apartment, should I not include my TOD bank accounts in my wi...

    Joseph’s Answer

    Best bet-meet with NY attorney to discuss all of your options including a durable power of attorney, health care surrogate, and perhaps a Living Trust.
    You need to consider other options than TOD which only deals with death(not incapacity).

    See question 
  • What would happen if one is part of a inter vivos revocable trust and has to be put in nursing home?

    2 sisters has a revocable trust/inter vivos/what would happen if one has to go to nursing home, does one in home have to claim as assets, or is home and accts still protected from nursing home, can nursing home make them pay out of trust acct, wha...

    Joseph’s Answer

    No-they are not entitled to all the assets-your best bet would be visit with a medicaid attorney to learn what assets are exempt and how to qualify for medicaid(if possible).
    The answer to your question would require many facts not pesented in your post.

    See question 
  • As executor of my mom's estate, can I be subpoenaed to produce copies of gift checks that my mom gave to my beneficiary sister?

    My sister is threatening to do this since she says she needs them for her divorce to help keep furniture that she purchased using the gift money. It will take a lot of my time to look through all my mom's checks to see if I even have everything my...

    Joseph’s Answer

    i assume you have an attorney for the estate.
    You should take all of you direction from your attorney and
    let him/her deal with the request.
    I assume the gifts occurred while your mother was living and may not be your responsibilty.

    See question