Emma Sleeth Hemness’s Answers

Emma Sleeth Hemness

Brandon Elder Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. My mom has a disability "mental impairment",she never work , is she able to get medicaid?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Emma Sleeth Hemness
    2. Pamela M. Burdick
    3. Matthew Alan Ferrara
    3 lawyer answers

    Services for the elderly and disabled in Florida is best described as a maze requring navigation through the expert assistance of a Florida Bar Board Certified Elder Law Attorney. I would seek one out in Orlando immediately, as there are several that are well qualified. These experts in Elder Law can explain ALL the resources that may be available to your mother, including Florida Medicaid (Medicaid AD Waiver, ALE Waiver, Diversion), SSI, and other community resources, such as Community Care...

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Can I bypass using an eldercare attorney and set up my mother's finances to make her eligible for Medicaid in case she needs it?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.
    2. Robert Louis Feliciani III
    3. Astrid de Parry
    4. Emma Sleeth Hemness
    5. Paul A. Smolinski
    5 lawyer answers

    Being an adult child caregiver is one of the hardest jobs you will ever have in your lifetime. Please remember to take care of yourself, as well as your husband, as you continue to care for your mother. In my experience as a Board Certified Elder Law Attorney, there are few cases I deal with that are truly "cookie cutter". The rules regarding Medicaid are highly technical and I often lecture to others who are becoming elder law attorneys ... "You simply do not know what you do not know. And,...

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. My Mother-In-Law is being accused of Elder abuse by her friend's family and the charges are false. What can she do?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Emma Sleeth Hemness
    2. Noreen A. Murphy
    2 lawyer answers

    First and foremost, whenever someone is being accused of a crime they should take the situation very seriously and should seek counsel from an attorney with experience in criminal defense AND elder law. Second, do NOT presume the authorities are either competent nor just, as there are investigators out there who are neither and who may continue to pursue an accusation despite clear evidence it is false. How and when your MIL interacts with investigators is critical in being sure the case is...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful