Julio M. Gomez’s Answers

Julio M. Gomez

Miami Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Hello I would like to know if my record can be expunged clean or sealed

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Julio M. Gomez
    2. James Regan
    3. Zahra Shanaz Umansky
    4. David Richard Damore
    4 lawyer answers

    Florida Statute 943.0545 and 943.059 provides the mechanism to seal and/ or expunge a criminal case. In essence you can not have any prior crimininal convictions, you can not have had a prior sealing or expungement, the case you are sealing or expunging needs to be one of the eligible charges and you must have not received an adjudication of guilt. I suggest you call a knowledgable criminal defense attorney and give him/her the details to see if you are eligible.

    6 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. My auto insurance company ignored the fact that the Traffic Court dismissed my case and my policy is very high. How to reduce ?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Daniel Nelson Deasy
    2. William David Umansky
    3. Julio M. Gomez
    4. Robert Don Fink
    5. Jason Eric Neufeld
    5 lawyer answers

    Your question is in part governed by Fla Stat. 626.9541 which provides in part than an insurance company may not increase or fail to renew a policy solely for a traffic citation that was dismissed or nolle prossed. I suggest you get a certified copy of the disposition of your traffic case and send it to your insurance company with an explanation as to why you were not at fault in the accident. If that does not work consider talking to an attorney to explore other legal alternatives.

    Selected as best answer

  3. Ilegal Got stop by a cop with a not valid drivers license, and needs to go to court, what should i do?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Corey Ira Cohen
    2. Julio M. Gomez
    3. Benjamin J Lieberman
    3 lawyer answers

    In Miami-Dade attorneys routinely represent clients in "nvdl" cases by having them execute a waiver of appearance, so if that is the case you do not need to appear and the attorney can act on your behalf. The Florida Division of Driver Licenses will not issue you a driver's license unless you are legal and can produce documentation. An experienced attorney can defend you and will be the best alternative to your current situation.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  4. What are the penalties for petty thief

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Zahra Shanaz Umansky
    2. Jason M. Melton
    3. Robert Jason De Groot
    4. Jonathan Burton Blecher
    5. Paul Domenic Petruzzi
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    First offense petit theft is a second degree misdemeanor which carries a maximum penalty of 60 days in jail and a $500 fine. It is unlikely that the State will ask for jail since this is his first offense. Your son probably is eligible for a diversion program which means that the charges will be dismissed once he completes the conditions. It will be a good for your son to contact a criminal defense attorney for additional advice.