Ronald Albert Marini’s Answers

Ronald Albert Marini

Miami Tax Lawyer.

Contributor Level 7
  1. If I am Canadian, but am living in the U.S. as a permanent resident, will I be taxed on any inheritance I receive from Canada?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Ronald Albert Marini
    2. Marshall C Deason Jr.
    3. C. C. Abbott
    4. Phillip Monroe Smith
    4 lawyer answers

    The US will not tax your inheritance from your Canadian mother, whether you are a US citizen or just a US permanent resident. However, make sure that you file form 3520 report of nontaxable inheritance from a foreigner or you could be subject to 25% (of value which you inherited) penalty solely for failing to file your NON TAXABLE INHERITANCE.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Can my immigrant wife bring he savings to the us without tax implications?

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Kyndra L. Mulder
    2. Ronald Albert Marini
    2 lawyer answers

    Where your wife was not a US resident nor US citizen, during these year(s) , which she earned or acquired the $270,000 of non-US source proceeds; there is no US tax exposure for this amount. Where she later becomes the US resident, there is no tax issues preventing her from bringing her $270,000 and depositing it into a new US bank account. Where both you and your wife have signature authority over this new account, it could be perceived as a gift from her to you of one half of the value;...

  3. I am on SSI,can the IRS take property from me for back taxes?

    Answered over 5 years ago.

    1. Ronald Albert Marini
    2. Mark L Rosenberg
    2 lawyer answers

    Does have the right to levy on any property which is in your name in order to collect back taxes which you owe it to the IRS. You can contact your local IRS office and request that your tax debt be classified as hardship, since collection of the tax could impact your ability to exist. I hope this helps you. Very truly yours Ronald A. Marini, Esquire