Gary Jay Schwartz’s Answers

Gary Jay Schwartz

Orlando Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 7
  1. I have a warrant in a neighboring county. can the city police that i live arrest me?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Gary Jay Schwartz
    2. John Skyler Riordan
    3. Zachary Michael Ward
    4. John Paul Thygerson
    5. Christopher James Cina
    5 lawyer answers

    This is an excellent question, but hhn dole answer is yes. Any law enforcement officer can pick you upon the outstanding warrant. If you were picked up on a warrant in s adjacent county, the issuing county would typically be given a period of time to come get you. If you are picked upon the county of the issuance of the warrant, you would be held there until such time as you were able to bond out

    5 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. How can the state charge you of a crime with no evidence from the investigating officer and only the statement of a 5 year old.

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Gary Jay Schwartz
    2. Spencer Alan Cordell
    3. Ronald S. Pichlik
    3 lawyer answers

    Unfortunately, one child's word can be enough to convince law enforcement to make an arrest, and the prosecutor to file charges. This is especially the case with regards to allegations where it is unlikely that other types of corroborating evidence may exist, such as allegations of touching a child sexually. Believe it ot not, the word of a five year old child can become damning evidence to a jury if the child is believed. Just the power of an allegation of sexual misconduct upon a child...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  3. What are the sentencing points in florida for failing to register

    Answered almost 4 years ago.

    1. Michael D. Fluke
    2. Gary Jay Schwartz
    3. Anuraag Hari Singhal
    4 lawyer answers

    Failure to Register as Sexual Offender in the State of Florida is what is known as a Level 7 Offense. Felony offneses in the State of Florida are assigned a level 1 through ten based upon their seriousness. A point value is assigned to each level. A level seven offense carries 56 points. This breaks down to scoring 21 months in the Department of Corrections. Complicating this number is the fact that points usually need to be added for the prior offense, which made the Defendant a Sexual...

  4. How do you request to go before a judge for a failure to appear because you can not have anything pending to enter the military?

    Answered almost 4 years ago.

    1. Lee William Fitzpatrick
    2. Phillip Darrell Kimbrell
    3. Gary Jay Schwartz
    3 lawyer answers

    When you fail to appear in court it is likely that a warrant will be issued for your arrest. It is possible to hire an attorney to file a motion to quash the warrant. Each judge is different, some will require your presence at the hearing to explain that your failure to appear was unintentional, while some may insist that you are in custody before the judge will address the warrant. Regardless, you really need to hire an attorney to present a motion to address the failure to appear. Your...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer