Darl Hilton Champion Jr.’s Answers

Darl Hilton Champion Jr.

Atlanta Car / Auto Accident Lawyer.

Contributor Level 6
  1. I was at fault but not cited in a minor rear end collision. Driver & passenger in the other car told deputy no injuries.

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Darl Hilton Champion Jr.
    2. Lisa Morgan Edwards
    3. Russell Greer Keener
    3 lawyer answers

    Your insurance company has a duty to defend you and will hire an attorney to represent you in the case. If at some point you believe there is a conflict of interest between you and your insurance company, you may want to hire personal counsel to advise you of your rights. However, based on the facts presented, it doesn't sound like you have a situation where you should be concerned about your insurance company representing your interests.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Do I have a personal injury case?

    Answered about 5 hours ago.

    1. Mary Denton Lewis
    2. Glen Edward Ashman
    3. Darl Hilton Champion Jr.
    4. Justin Dennis Williams
    5. Adam A Studnicki
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    I agree with Glenn and Mary. Counties have sovereign immunity, and it is not waived by the purchase of insurance, except for claims arising out of the use of an automobile. County employees can be sued, but they can only be held liable for a violation of what is called a ministerial duty (as opposed to a discretionary duty). This is a very high standard to overcome. On top of that, as Mary said, you would have to deal with the Recreational Property Act. It sounds like you have a very...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. Hit by a car need surgery, do not have insurance and person does not have enough ins. What should I do

    Answered about 1 month ago.

    1. Justin Dennis Williams
    2. Charles Henry Mcaleer
    3. Glen Edward Ashman
    4. Christian K. Lassen II
    5. John M. DeProspo
    6. ···
    12 lawyer answers

    You need to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible for a free consultation. It is important to locate all available liability coverage for the driver who hit you. For example, did they own the car? If they didn't, do they have their own coverage that may apply to them if they were driving someone else's? If they were working at the time, you may be able to go after their employer, which could provide another layer of insurance coverage. You also need to locate all available...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  4. If charged with asault on minor and held in jail wrongfully,do i have a case on the county responsable,

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Darl Hilton Champion Jr.
    1 lawyer answer

    You may have a claim for a violation of your constitutional rights, but it will depend on the facts of the case. There are a number of hurdles to suing governmental entities and their employees. As a result, you should consult with a knowledgeable attorney who can advise you of your rights.

  5. Doctor left alot of the placenta in my stomach can I sue?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Darl Hilton Champion Jr.
    1 lawyer answer

    In any medical malpractice, you need to prove that the doctor breached what is known as the "standard of care" to establish negligence. To prove that a doctor violated the standard of care, you generally need expert testimony--generally, the testimony of another doctor. Once you are able to prove negligence, you have to prove damages. Because medical malpractice cases are so expensive, the damages generally need to be fairly high in order for an attorney to justify the economic risk of...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer