Robert J. Fleming’s Answers

Robert J. Fleming

Atlanta Car / Auto Accident Lawyer.

Contributor Level 6
  1. We hired a general contractor to oversee the reconstruction of our house. (house fire Can we request copies of invoices from gc

    Answered about 5 years ago.

    1. Robert J. Fleming
    1 lawyer answer

    Most legal issues surrounding your situation will be governed by the contract itself and the laws of contract in Georgia. Without studying the contract, it is not possible to answer you questions unconditionally. However, as a practical matter, you should demand, in writing, a copy of proof for the damages that the general contractor is claiming. Some questions that come to mind are: Is the GC seeking the full value to him under the contract (as if it was fully completed)? Does the contract...

  2. Who is responsible for auto break in on private parking lot

    Answered over 5 years ago.

    1. Robert J. Fleming
    1 lawyer answer

    There really are two components to the answer to your question. The first one is: is there available insurance coverage that will pay you for your loss. The second component is: who is legally responsible for your loss. As a practical matter, if you have homeowner's insurance, you should check your policy to determine if the loss is covered under that policy. You may also want to check with your employer and ask if they have an insurance policy that may cover this loss. We do not...