Stephen Mark Ozcomertā€™s Answers

Stephen Mark Ozcomert

Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 5
  1. I was in an accident in fulton co. and the driver who totaled my car was at fault and lives in a different county. I want to

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Houston Dillard Smith III
    2. G. Jason Thompson
    3. Glen Edward Ashman
    4. Stephen Mark Ozcomert
    4 lawyer answers

    As the other answers indicate, I am concerned that you may have signed a "general release of all claims" that will likely preclude your ability to collect for property damage. Did you have an attorney represent you on the bodily injury claim? If so, you need to ask your attorney about this issue. Perhaps your lawyer carved out the property damage claims from the bodily injury release. If not, you are likely out of luck. In the event the release did not cover the property damage, then you...

  2. Cant find medical help after accident involving semi

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Kenneth L. Shigley
    2. Sam Louis Levine
    3. Stephen Mark Ozcomert
    4. Glen Edward Ashman
    5. Daniel Paul Buttafuoco
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    You need to speak with your attorney and see if he or she is knowledgeable about getting you the medical treatment you need on a "lien" basis. You need the treatment and all else is secondary. I cannot recommend that you fire your current attorney, however, it is important for you to know that you have the right to do so should you become dissatisfied. Also, the ethical rules do allow you to consult with another attorney for a "second opinion". Should you desire to speak to a lawyer, feel...

  3. Vehicle repair shop employee got in an accident with my vehicle on a test drive and it is now totaled.

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Stephen Mark Ozcomert
    2. Glen Edward Ashman
    3. Todd Robert Henningsen
    4. Christian K. Lassen II
    4 lawyer answers

    Depends upon your insurance coverage and deductible. If you have collision coverage, then your insurance coverage may well pay for your damages (less your deductible) and then will pursue recovery from the negligent party and, hopefully, recover your deductible for you. If you don't have insurance that will pay the claim, then you may have to sue the person and/or his employer for negligence. The police report is not determinative of who was at fault, only what the police officer thought at...

  4. How to handle harrassment

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Marc Gregory Snyder
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. Stephen Mark Ozcomert
    3 lawyer answers

    You need to see a local attorney. There are several possibilities that come to mind. First is to see whether her conduct violates any local criminal statutes. For example, she might be guilty of making "terroristic threats" depending upon the statute that exists in your area. If so, you could possibly seek a warrant for her arrest and that might discourage the behavior. Another possibility would be to sue for libel (written slander) or defamation given the false information she is...