Audrey McFarlin Tolson’s Answers

Audrey McFarlin Tolson

Atlanta Medical Malpractice Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Which attorney is better. Board Certified or Regular Personal Injury medical malpractice attorney?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Clifford Michael Farrell
    2. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. Jacob Adam Regar
    5. Audrey McFarlin Tolson
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    Your question is a good one, and not at all offensive. There are no requirements in Georgia for attorneys to be board certified. All attorneys must be licensed by the state bar. While having a board certification is certainly not a bad thing, it cannot guarantee that you will receive good legal representation. Very few lawyers in Georgia are board certified. You should speak to the attorney about their experience with the type of case that your are seeking counsel for. Keep in mind...

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. Do I need to get another attorney if my attorney could not negoitiate enough settlement to pay my medical bills and they drop me

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Houston Dillard Smith III
    2. Audrey McFarlin Tolson
    3. J. Phillip Boston
    4. Glen Edward Ashman
    5. Shane Edward Bartlett
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    Yes. You should hire another lawyer. It may be necessary for your attorney to file a lawsuit and proceed to trial on your behalf. If your former attorney was unwilling or unable to do that, you can certainly hire a new firm to proceed on your behalf. They're are many qualified attorneys in Georgia who would be able to assist you. Of course, The Tolson Firm would be glad to help. You can reach us at 404-846-8800.

  3. My Son died after medical mal practice settlement.

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Audrey McFarlin Tolson
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. Mary Katherine Brown
    4. Joseph Jonathan Brophy
    4 lawyer answers

    In order to answer this question completely, I would need more details regarding where you are in the settlement process. In Georgia, settlements for minors do need approval by a court in order to protect the child's interest. If the minor dies of an unrelated cause, the Court may still require approval. That doesn't mean that you don't get the money. It means that the proceeds of the settlement would go into your child's estate and the estate will administrator or the executor would...