Ronald Shane Smith’s Answers

Ronald Shane Smith

Peachtree City Car / Auto Accident Lawyer.

Contributor Level 5
  1. I stored my total loss car in my yard and did not rent a car. Does insurance have to pay me compansation and for how many days?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Richard Andrew Harting
    2. Frank Marvin Nunes
    3. Ronald Shane Smith
    3 lawyer answers

    You need to speak to the insurance commissioner in your state. In Georgia, we would be able to get you what is called "loss of use" for a reasonable period of time - usually around 25 - 35/day for up to a week. The normal amount would be based on where you live.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. I was rear ended at a stop lite,I used my med pay to pay for med costs. Does the other insurance company reimburse me .

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. John P Ager
    2. Christopher J Zachar
    3. Leigh Anne Timiney
    4. Gary A Kester
    5. Stacy E Scheff
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    You are definitly going to need to talk to an attorney in your state. This is an area of the law that can vary greatly from state to state. In Georgia for instance, medpay is considered a collateral source, meaning it does not have anything to do with the settlement from the liability company. Medpay from your company is seperate from the settlement - it just means that your bills are paid, and the money you would normally send to the doctor would go in your pocket. Medpay subrogation is...

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. I slipped in grocery store what is fair settlement

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Jason D. Holbrook
    2. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    3. Andrew Daniel Myers
    4. Christian K. Lassen II
    5. Ronald Shane Smith
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    I have to second the advice already given - you need to talk to your lawyer. Your claim is going to be very dependant on your treatment, prior medical conditions, your medical bills, and whether you need any surgery. Also on any slip and fall - liability is a key part in any settlement. You should definitly make an appointment to talk to your lawyer.

  4. What do i do when i slipped and fell at wallmart and they didnt file a report an associate saw me fall

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Christian K. Lassen II
    2. Andrew Daniel Myers
    3. Drew Barnett
    4. Ronald Shane Smith
    5. Michael Curtis Greenberg
    5 lawyer answers

    I would recommend that you return to the store and report the fall, including the name of the associate who saw you fall as soon as possible. If the fall continues to go unreported, your claim will be much harder to win.

  5. My question is pertaining to a slip and fall accident.

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Pius Joseph
    2. Marian Ida Kelly
    3. Gary A Kester
    4. Ronald Shane Smith
    4 lawyer answers

    It is usually common practice for an insurance company to request tax returns either prior to a lawsuit being filed or when you are trying to settle a lost wages claim. We generally do not recommend our clients release tax returns in Georgia - at least pre lawsuit. I would be very hesitant to release any returns without the insurance company making an offer to you.

Call now for a free consultation.