Michael J Shevlin’s Answers

Michael J Shevlin

Fairfax Medical Malpractice Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. What is the statute of limitations for medical malpractice lawsuit

    Answered about 6 years ago.

    1. Alan James Brinkmeier
    2. Judy Greenwood
    3. Michael J Shevlin
    3 lawyer answers

    The statute of limitations for a medical malpractice lawsuit will vary state by state. Without knowing in which state the medical malpractice occurred, it is impossible to know what the governing statute of limitations will be. Also, please know that lawyers are licensed by individual states. Therefore, you will want the answer to your question to come from a lawyer that is licensed in the state in which the medical malpractice act occurred.

  2. How long do I have to file suit for neglect resulting in death?

    Answered about 6 years ago.

    1. Michael J Shevlin
    1 lawyer answer

    If the medical care about which you are critical occurred entirely in North Carolina, then any lawsuit will almost definitely be controlled by NC law. As a result, it is ideal for you to have an attorney that is licensed in North Carolina (hiring a non-NC licensed attorney who partners with a NC-licensed attorney is another possibility, but in my opinion is less preferable). Your residency in Virginia is unlikely to influence whether NC law applies to your case. Depending upon where you live...