Samuel J Brown’s Answers

Samuel J Brown

Annapolis Divorce / Separation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 3
  1. My 15 year old wants to come live with me. But his mother wont allow him.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Ian Thomas Valkenet
    2. David Raymond Mahood
    3. Samuel J Brown
    4. Stephen Ross Cohen
    5. Joseph Henry Sparacino
    5 lawyer answers

    Your posting location is listed as Annapolis. I will make no assumptions on the location of any prior litigation but much of your question depends on your jurisdiction and the content of any prior orders and whether or not there are any emergency circumstances which require an immediate change of custody. Most judges do not like self help but understand depending on the age of the child, reasons for the change, living circumstances and existence of prior orders that changes may occur and a...

  2. If my daughters father has not been in her life for over 8 years and she doesnt want to see him will she be forced too see him

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Dondi Sanchez West
    2. Samuel J Brown
    2 lawyer answers

    There are not enough facts to completely answer this question. THe courts look to unify families as much as they can. Depending on the age of the child they may not know what is best for them. Children do want guidance and to be taught what is right. Now if there is a reason that the child should not see its parent the court will consider that. If there has been abuse or neglect that will have an affect on the court's decision. Court's will not just begin visitation; they usally ease into...