Jennifer Owen Dill’s Answers

Jennifer Owen Dill

Prince Frederick Family Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 2
  1. Termination of alimony in the state of Maryland

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Sean T Morris
    2. Jennifer Owen Dill
    2 lawyer answers

    Although technically he is under a court order to make the payments, and therefore he is in contempt of a court order, given that he has filed a Petition to Terminate, the Court may or may not take his circumstances into consideration when reviewing his failure to pay. If you have not already done so, I recommend you contact an attorney at your earliest opportunity to review your options and ensure you file an appropriate response to his Petition.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. My daughter left her mothers home at 17 and dropped out of high she is now 18 and is back home with her mother

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. William C Wood
    2. Johnetta Renee Boston
    3. Jennifer Owen Dill
    3 lawyer answers

    It sounds like you are asking if you can do anything about the time period that your daughter was not living with her mother but you were still making child support payments to her? If so, unfortunately the State of Maryland can take no action regarding modifying child support unless and until you ask it to do so. Therefore, it appears as if the monies you had paid through July are lost to the mother. I would confirm that BOSE has terminated the ongoing obligation and then continue to timely...

  3. Prenup for common law

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Kamryn Maris Caldwell
    2. Jennifer Owen Dill
    2 lawyer answers

    It depends in which state you currently reside. Each state has different laws with regards to " common law marriage" and some states do not even recognize "common law marriages". I would suggest you seek the advice of an attorney located in the state in which you currently reside.