Jennifer Anne Brandt’s Answers

Jennifer Anne Brandt

Philadelphia Family Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Can emails be admitted as evidence in court? Do I need to reply or just ignore?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Hanan M Isaacs
    2. Jason David Roth
    3. Jennifer Anne Brandt
    4. Andrew A Bestafka
    5. Geraldene Sherr Duswalt
    5 lawyer answers

    It is important to keep in mind that emails, texts and other forms of written communication can potentially be used as evidence in Court. It is up to the Judge to then decide how much weight such evidence will receive. As such, be mindful of what you commit to writing. Think before you hit send, and don't let emotions cloud your judgment.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. I have a wife and a son with my ex-girlfriend. He lives with me but I'm leaving to Texas. she wants to take custody.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Jennifer Anne Brandt
    2. Jay Bodzin
    3. Brad Michael Micklin
    3 lawyer answers

    Yes, as the biological parent of your son, she has an absolute right to file the motion and the Court may very well defer to her if it is a choice between her and your wife in terms of custody. However, the Court always has the ability to consider the totality of the circumstances and the child's best interests in rendering a decision.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. My lawyer, although nice, is consistently outwitted by my ex! Can i hire another lawyer?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Matthew F. Fox
    2. Patrick A Deibler
    3. Jennifer Anne Brandt
    3 lawyer answers

    You always have the right to hire new counsel and should do so if you believe that your current lawyer is not being responsive to your needs. Divorces do take time, and you need to weigh proactiveness with the economic benefits of same. However, your lawyer should at a minimum, be cognizant of your goals and should provide you an explanation of his or her strategy in the case. You may want to meet with your lawyer to explain your frustration, but if things don't change, you should not...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer


    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Thomas S. Durst
    2. Kenneth A White
    3. David Perry Davis
    4. Ronald Glenn Lieberman
    5. Yolanda Navarrete
    6. ···
    12 lawyer answers

    If you feel that there is an imminent threat to your safety or the safety of your children, you may want to consider filing for a restraining Order. If you want a divorce, you should go ahead and file. As part of the divorce you can address a custody/parenting time schedule for your children.