Matthew Alton Cartwright’s Answers

Matthew Alton Cartwright

Scranton Trucking Accident Lawyer.

Contributor Level 6
  1. What are my options if my lawyer files motion to withdraw from my personal injury case and I can't find a new lawyer?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen
    2. Matthew Alton Cartwright
    3. Richard Eric Anthony Dwyer
    4. Thomas Gerad Lewellyn
    4 lawyer answers

    Sorry to hear about this troubling situation. You should definitely go to the hearing. It sounds like there is more to this situation than meets the eye, and if you don't already know what it is, you need to find out what it is. Why does your lawyer want to get out of your case? Is there a problem with it that he cannot figure out? It would be helpful to know what the problem is so you can talk through it with other lawyers you're trying to hire. In addition, at the hearing you...

    Selected as best answer

  2. I was in an accident 0n 11/04/2010, i was hit by a drunk driver who ran a red light.

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Andrew Daniel Myers
    2. Charles Thomas Jr.
    3. David Mark Landay
    4. Matthew Alton Cartwright
    4 lawyer answers

    Sorry about this accident, and it looks like you're still struggling with it. To me, it looks like your main chance here is to pursue "underinsured motorist" (UIM) benefits that may be available to you under your own policy covering your own car(s), and the same coverage that may be on the company vehicle you were in at the time. I've handled cases where the company UIM coverage did cover employees, and one where it only covered the company owner and his family. So you need to check with...

  3. Can you sue your own car insurance company?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Christian K. Lassen II
    2. Matthew Alton Cartwright
    3. David M. Axinn
    4. David Mark Landay
    5. Donald Curtis Kudler
    5 lawyer answers

    Sorry to hear about your accident and the difficulty you're having with it. In Pennsylvania, you can sue your own insurance company, and in this situation it would be an "uninsured motorist" case. That means the person who hit you had no applicable insurance. It is vital that you reported this accident to the police. If the police were called and came to the scene of the crash, that will be enough. If they did not come to the scene, you have 30 days after an accident to report the matter...

  4. Why do I have to pay the medical bill when it was there fault

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Robert Bruce Kopelson
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. Matthew Alton Cartwright
    4. Andrew Daniel Myers
    4 lawyer answers

    You should consult with a reputable personal injury lawyer in your area. Once you sign a release for a settlement, that's all the money you will ever get in your life for this injury. It doesn't matter if the injury gets worse, it doesn't matter if you will need further treatment or even surgery, nothing will change. You will have taken $745.00 and that's all you will ever get. So that's why you should never settle a case without a good lawyer at least looking at it for you. It could very...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  5. Am I responsible for an accident my adult son had.

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Donald Curtis Kudler
    2. Matthew Alton Cartwright
    3. Willie Stephen Graves
    3 lawyer answers

    I am licensed in New York and Pennsylvania, and you should consult a Vermont lawyer for a definitive answer to your question. I read Donald Kudler's answer and agree completely with his submission. I see almost no way of your being liable for this accident, but you absolutely should turn this into your insurance company for their review. Failure to notify your insurance company in a timely fashion of a claim like this could result in your company's refusal to cover you for the claim....