Skip to main content
Anthony Thomas Ballato

Anthony Ballato’s Answers

2 total

  • When is a vehicle deemed a lemon under New York State law?

    I am a NY resident. I leased a new BMW 7 series from a New Jersey dealership in 2012. Since purchase, my vehicle is constantly experiencing electrical and power-train malfunctions (2-3 significant incidents) wherein my vehicle came to a screechin...

    Anthony’s Answer

    It sounds like you may be qualified to proceed under the state lemon law and /or federal Magnusson -Moss Warranty Act in either NY or NJ. Dealers and manufacturers would be suspect of your tire and wheel problems due to the potholes that plague our roads. The electrical and transmission problems are likely the better complaint. I will not reiterate the criteria already stated by my colleagues and welcome you to call for further information. Best regards, Anthony T. Ballato, Esq.

    See question 
  • Can I sue for visitation with a sibling when our parents are forcibly separating us?

    I am 22, and my parents are separating us because I'm "putting ideas in his head," as a result of my telling them that he was sexually abused. The true reason is that almost every adult in the family sexually abused either me or my brother, and t...

    Anthony’s Answer

    These are very serious and sensitive matters which warrant you consulting with local counsel rather that posting questions and answers on line for the world to see. As others mentioned, you may contact the District Attorney and / or Child Protective Services in Nassau County to file appropriate complaints. Orders of Protection may be issued from the District or Family Courts as a result of your complaint(s) and you may be able to petition for visitation with your siblings at the Family Court. You are welcome to call me or any other attorney to further discuss your options.

    See question