Joseph M. Lichtenstein’s Answers

Joseph M. Lichtenstein

Mineola Medical Malpractice Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. Is this Medical Malpractice or is there anything I can do?

    Answered 9 months ago.

    1. Effimia Soter
    2. David Ian Schoen
    3. John L. Schroeder
    4. Josh P Tolin
    5. Christian K. Lassen II
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    This is completely improper conduct. I think you should consider filing a complaint against him with the Office of Professional Medical Conduct. With regard to a malpractice claim, your "injury" may not warrant such a claim. Most attorneys will not pursue a medical malpractice claim unless the damages are substantial because of the time, effort and costs involved.

  2. A doctor refuses to let me see my original medical records and other docs where I believe a lot of things were modified/edited.

    Answered 9 months ago.

    1. Armen Michael Tashjian
    2. Christopher John Gansen
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. Richard Todd Rosenstein
    5. Joseph M. Lichtenstein
    5 lawyer answers

    The biggest issue here is the statute of limitations. You should immediately consult with a local attorney to protect the statute of limitations from expiration, and to demand the records. Under Federal law (and no doubt California law) you have a right to your medical records. You need to hire an attorney immediately I am not an expert in California Law, but in New York, if there is an apparent basis for a medical malpractice claim, and the doctor has refused to turn over the records,...

  3. Can my mother file a lawsuit after a sponge was left after her surgery?

    Answered 9 months ago.

    1. John A. Day
    2. Elizabeth Taylor Herd
    3. Matthew Charles Hardin
    4. John L. Schroeder
    5. Christian K. Lassen II
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    Your mother has a valid claim - however the first issue is the statute of limitations. I'm not sure what's been 14 months - is that when the symptoms started ? The issues are (1) when the injury occurred; (2) when it was discovered or should have been discovered. You need to speak with an attorney from your state as to the operation of statute of limitations under these circumstances. I would do this immediately as time may be of the essence.